Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If I'm Moving to Alaska or Just Visiting?

No. You will not need to pass the AK Driving Exam when you move to Alaska from another state. However, you will need to pass AK Written Test to be able to replace your out-of-state license with a AK Driver's License.
Yes. Alaska will recognize your out-of-state Learner's Permit for up to ninety days. If you become a resident, you may need to obtain a AK Learner's Permit.
You may drive in Alaska with your out-of-state license for up to 90 days.
You can drive in Alaska with your out-of-country license for 90 days. After this period you will need to surrender your out-of-country license and begin the AK licensing process, passing the AK Written Test, vision test and other requirements. You should contact your local DMV office to acquire more information.Question Category