Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To AL Or Just Visiting

If your license is still valid, you do not have to take the AL Driving Exam. You will have 30 days to exchange your out-of-state license with a AL Driver's License. You will need to pay AL $23.50 license fee, and you will have to pass an eye exam.
Yes. Alabama recognizes valid out-of-state Learner's Permits.
As long as you do not become a AL resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
Yes. You are allowed to drive in Alabama with your out-of-country license for as long as the license is valid. If you become an AL resident, you will need to obtain an AL Driver's License.Question Category