Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To ME Or Just Visiting

Yes. Maine will recognize out-of-state Learner's Permits.
As long as you do not become a ME resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
If you are not a ME resident, you can drive with your out-of-country license for up to one year, after which you will need to obtain a ME Driver's License. The same is true if you become a ME resident any time before that. Question Category
If your license is still valid, you do not have to take the ME Driving Exam. You will need to replace your out-of-state license with a Maine Driver's License.