Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To MI Or Just Visiting

No. You will not have to complete the MI Road Test, but you will need to replace your out-of-state license with a MI Driver's License.
Yes. MI will recognize valid out-of-state permits as long as they are valid, and the driver is older than 16. You will also need to follow MI laws and ensure that you are always accompanied by a licensed driver who is 21 years old or older when you are driving.
As long as you do not become a MI resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
You are allowed to drive in Michigan with your out-of-country license for as long as it is valid. Question Category