Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To OH Or Just Visiting

No. You do not have to pass the OH road test as long as you possess a valid out-of-state driver's license. You must surrender your previous license and pay the necessary fee to convert your license. In addition to your out-of-state license, you will need to bring proof of your identity, your lawful presence in the U.S. and your new Ohio address. If for some reason you do not have your out-of-state license, a certified copy of your driving record may suffice.
Yes. OH will recognize valid out-of-state permits as long as they are valid. You will also need to follow OH laws and ensure that you are always accompanied by a licensed driver who is 21 years old or older when you are driving.
As long as you do not become a OH resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
The answer to this question varies depending on where the license was produced and your U.S. residency status. For more information about whether you are able to drive with your out-of-country Driver's license, you should call 614-752-7500 or visit this website Category