Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To Texas Or Just Visiting?

If you possess a valid Driver's license from another country, you are allowed to use it for one year after entering the United States. After that one year, you must obtain a Texas Driver's license, if still applicable.Question Category
No. It's okay to drive in TX with a valid out-of-state Driver's license as long as you are not a resident.
If you are under 18, you will have to pass the TX road test.
After you become a TX resident you have ninety days to obtain a TX license.
Yes. You can drive in TX with your out-of-state learner's permit as long as a licensed driver, who is 21 years old or older, accompanies you.