Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When applying for an instruction permit or driver’s license, you will need to do the following:

• Fill out an application for an Instruction Permit or Application for Texas Driver License (Form DL-14A).

• You must submit the Verification of “Enrollment and Attendance in School Form” which is available only from the school you are enrolled in. It must be signed and stamped by school officials. This form is required for all applicant’s who are under 18.

• You must present the Parental Driver Education Affidavit and Classroom Instruction and Behind-the-Wheel Record for Parent-Taught Driver Education and your parent must be with you to submit these forms.

• You must submit a Certificate of Completion from an approved driver’s education program if you are under 18.

• You must provide proof of Adult Driver Education if you are between 18 and 24 years of age and do not have a valid driver’s license from another state or country.

• You must submit proof of liability insurance and Texas vehicle registration for all vehicles that you own.

• You must pay the permit or license fee with cash, check, money order or credit card.