Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Will my out-of-state permit be accepted in California?

Your out-of-state permit will only be accepted if you can provide proof from your driver's education course. This requires either filling out a Form DL 33 "To Secondary Schools Other than California Schools," which you can obtain from your local DMV office or by calling 1-800-777-01333, or you can have the out-of-state secondary school write a letter confirming that teh courses you have taken are equivalent to CA secondary school course. This letter must be on the out-of-state secondary school's stationary, and it must be signed by a school official.