Click here to ask your driving related question.
Frequently Asked Questions - Taking Your NV Permit Test
- What happens if I don't pass my written test?
- How many questions are on the NV permit test?
- How many questions do I need to answer correctly in order to pass?
- What are common mistakes applicants make on the NV permit test?
- Is the NV permit test open book?
- Do I have to pass a drug test before obtaining my NV learner's permit?
- What documents do I need to bring with me to take my permit test?
- How much is the permit test?
- Do I have to bring my parents with me when I take my permit test?
- When am I eligible to apply for my NV permit?
Test takers may fail the NV Permit Test for many reasons. A test taker may not have studied thoroughly or he or she may have been too anxious or too nervous to concentrate on the exam. If you fail the NV Permit Test, you will not receive your permit. You will be able to retake the test as early as the next business day. There is no limit. You will simply need to pay a $10 fee each retest. Do not rush retaking the NJ Permit Test if you have failed. Reread the NJ Driver's Manual and study thoroughly before you retake the NJ Permit Test.
Typically, the permit test includes 50 questions.
There are 50 questions on the NV Permit Test. You will need to answer at least 40 questions correctly in order to pass.
The biggest common error is rushing through the questions. During your permit test remember to relax, take your time and answer the questions thoughtfully.
No. The NV permit test is not an open book test. Under no circumstances are you allowed to use your NV Driver's Handbook or any other study guides during the exam.
No. You do not have to take a drug test in order to obtain your NV Permit.
You will need to submit proof of your identity and your residency in Nevada, your Social Security Card and a signed DMV 002 form. If you are under 18, the financial responsibility section should be signed by your parent or legal guardian, and you should have a Minor Affidavit Sheet.
The NV Permit Test cost $25. Fortunately, this fee includes the written and road test.
If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian should accompany you as you should be accompanied by the person who is willing to sign your financial responsibility agreement and Minor Affidavit Sheet.
You must be at least 15 1/2 years old to apply.