Click here to ask your driving related question.
Frequently Asked Questions - Taking Your OK Permit Test
- How many questions do I need to answer correctly in order to pass?
- What are common mistakes applicants make on the OK permit test?
- Is the OK permit test open book?
- Do I have to pass a drug test before obtaining my OK learner's permit?
- What happens if I don't pass my written test?
- How much is a OK Learner's Permit?
- Do I have to bring my parents with me when I take my permit test?
- How many questions are on the OK permit test?
- When am I eligible to apply for my OK permit?
- What documents do I need to bring with me to take my permit test?
There are 50 questions on the OK Permit Test. You will need to answer at least 40 questions correctly in order to pass.
The biggest common error is rushing through the questions. During your permit test remember to relax, take your time and answer the questions thoughtfully.
No. The OK permit test is not an open book test. Under no circumstances are you allowed to use your OK Driver's Handbook or any other study guides during the exam.
No. You do not have to take a drug test in order to obtain your OK Permit.
Test takers may fail the OK Permit Test for many reasons. A test taker may not have studied thoroughly or he or she may have been too anxious or too nervous to concentrate on the exam. If you fail the OK Permit Test, you will not receive your permit. You will be able to retake the test as early as the next business day, however not rush retaking the OK Permit Test if you have failed. Reread the OK Driver's Manual and study thoroughly before you retake the OK Permit Test to give yourself the best chance of passing.
The OK Permit costs $25.50. However, the cost of OK Driver's License vary between $25 and $66.50.
If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian should accompany you.
Typically, the permit test includes 50 questions.
You must be at least 15 1/2 years old to apply.
You will need to submit two IDs. If you are under 18, you need to provide proof of your enrollment in school. If you are between 15 1/2 and 16, you will also need to submit proof of your enrollment in a Driver's Education course. There are a number of IDs that you may be able to use. Visit this website to find a list of appropriate documents: http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/dlid.htm