Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To IA Or Just Visiting

Yes. You are allowed to drive in Iowa with your out-of-country license for up to one year. After this one year period, you will need to obtain a valid IA Driver's license. Question Category
If your license is still valid, you do not have to take the IA Driving Exam. You will need to replace your out-of-state license with a IA License.
Yes. Iowa recognizes valid out-of-state Learner's Permits.
As long as you do not become a IA resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.