Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To IL Or Just Visiting

No. You will not have to complete the IL Road Test, but you will need to take the IL Written Test. You have 90 days after you move to IL to get a IL state license.
Yes. IL will recognize valid out-of-state permits as long as they are valid. You will also need to follow IL laws and ensure that you are always accompanied by a licensed driver who is 21 years old or older when you are driving.
As long as you do not become a IL resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
You are allowed to drive in Illinois with your out-of-country license for a period of one year. Question Category