Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To IN Or Just Visiting

As long as you do not become a IN resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.
You are allowed to drive in Indiana with your out-of-country license for a period of one year. After that year, you will need to contact a local BMV office to begin the process of obtaining an IN Driver's License.Question Category
No. Indiana does not recognize out-of-state Learner's Permits. You will need to apply for a IN Learner's Permit.
No. You will not have to complete the IN Road Test. You have 60 days after you move to IN to get a IN state license. To do this you will need to exchange your old license for a new one.