Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To Minnesota Or Just Visiting?

No. It's okay to drive in MN with a valid out-of-state Driver's license as long as you are not a resident and do not plan to become a resident.
No. Out-of-country licenses are not recognized in Minnesota. If you have moved to Minnesota from another country, you will need to undergo the Minnesota licensing process. You will need to pass a vision, written and road test. Question Category
No. You do not have to take the MN Driving Exam if your license is still valid or if you license has only recently expired (within a year). However, you will need to pass the written test and a vision exam to replace your out-of-state license for a MN Driver's License. You have 60 days to do this.
After you become a MN resident you have sixty days to obtain a MN license.
Yes, your out-of-state permit will be valid. MN only requires that you follow the laws of the state through which you obtained your permit and the traffic laws of Minnesota.