Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To WV Or Just Visiting

If your license is still valid, you do not have to take the WV Driving Exam. You will need to replace your out-of-state license with a WV License within thirty days of your move. To do so you will need to pass WV Vision Test, and you will need to attend and complete an alcohol awareness course.
Yes. West Virginia recognizes valid out-of-state Learner's Permits. You will need to follow the laws of the home/issue state.
As long as you do not become a WV resident, you are allowed to drive with a valid out-of-state license for as long as you like.Question Category