Click here to ask your driving related question.

Ask a driving related question on

What documents must I fill out at the DMV to get my permit/driver’s license?

When applying for a learner’s permit or driver’s license, you will need to do the following:

• Complete an application along with the signature of your parent or legal guardian if under 18. (Foreign exchange students must obtain a notarized signature from their parents).
• Submit proof that you have completed 30 hours of classroom instruction in a driver’s education program.
• Submit proof that you are enrolled in a behind-the-wheel driving course.
• Provide information about any medical condition. You may be asked to provide a statement from a physician about whether or not the condition interferes with your ability to drive safely.