Frequently Asked Questions - What If You're Moving To Pennsylvania (Or Just Visiting)

When you move to Pennsylvania, you have 60 days to obtain a Pennsylvania license. You do not have to complete the PA Driving Exam in order to be able to do this.
When you replace your out-of-state license, you will need to bring your Social Security Card, a completed Form DL-180R and provide proof of your residency. You will need to pass the PA vision test in order to obtain your PA Driver's License.
Your license cannot be replaced, if your license has been expired for more than 6 months.
No. Out-of-state Learner's Permits are not valid in PA. You will have to apply for a PA Learner's Permit and complete the necessary steps to obtain a PA Learner's Permit.
If you are not planning on becoming a PA resident, you can drive with your out-of-state license for as long as you like. If you do become a PA resident, you have to obtain a Pennsylvania license within 60 days.
Yes. You are allowed to drive in PA with a valid foreign driver's license for up to 12 months. After this time, you will have to apply for a PA Driver's License. Visit this website to find out more information about out-of-country licenses: Category